This LimitedWarranty (Warranty) applies to newYokohama High Performance, Passenger,Winter and LightTruck tires, used in normal service, which become unserviceable as a result of a material or workmanship condition. It does not necessarily require the existence of a manufacturing defect in order to qualify. This warranty is not intended for tires that wear out or fail due to neglect or mistreatment.
1. WARRANTY ELIGIBILITY
YokohamaTire (Canada) Inc. LimitedWarranty covers the first retail purchaser of newYokohama High Performance, Passenger, LightTruck, andWinter tires. All product claims under this warranty must be accompanied by the original purchase invoice from an authorisedYokohama dealer in Canada and bear the Yokohama brand name and complete D.O.T. serial numbers.
2. WHAT IS WARRANTED
If a tire becomes unserviceable from a condition other than those listed under Part 3,Yokohama will make an adjustment towards the purchase of a similar newYokohama replacement tire:
• During the first 25% of original usable tread depth (50% in the case of temporary spare tires),Yokohama will replace, mount and balance a similar new
Yokohama tire on a no-charge basis.
• After the first 25% of the original tire wear (50% in the case of temporary use spare tires),Yokohama will replace with a similar newYokohama tire on
a usable treadwear basis.The price the retail customer pays will equal the percentage of original usable“tread worn off”x CRV + mounting, balancing, and applicable taxes. CRV is a reasonable approximation of current replacement values as listed in the latestYokohama Suggested Retail Price List.
• “Tread worn off”is computed as a percentage of the original usable tread. As tire safety regulations require replacement when the tire is worn down to the treadwear indicators (last 2/32”of remaining tread depth), the last 2/32”is excluded from the definition“original usable tread”.
3. CONDITIONS & EXCLUSIONS
LimitedWarranty excludes the following:
• Failure or damage, including rapid and irregular treadwear, caused directly or indirectly by: fire; accident; vandalism; negligence; motorsport; road hazard, including impact breaks, nails, glass, stones, rocks, etc.; running flat; brake lock; spinning; overloading; improper inflation; wheel alignment; tire rotation; misapplication; improper mounting; mounting on non-approved rims; chains; studs; equipment damage; and, mechanical condition of vehicle.
• Failure or damage, caused directly or indirectly by misapplication of tire usage, as recommended by either the vehicle manufacturer or byYokohama, including: incorrect size, speed rating or load (ply) rating.
• Tires in an“out-of-round”condition after the first 25% of treadwear.
• Tires presented more than 4 years after the date of purchase or 5 years after the date of manufacture.
• Cosmetic or appearance damage.
• Tires branded“no adj”.
• Tires altered in appearance after leaving theYokohama factory.
• Tires on vehicles registered or normally operated outside of Canada.
4. YOKOHAMA’S OBLIGATIONS
Replacements qualifying under this warranty will be made by any authorizedYokohama dealer in Canada.
5. OWNER’S OBLIGATIONS
The retail customer must present the damaged tire to an authorizedYokohama dealer in Canada with the original purchase invoice showing purchase from an authorizedYokohama dealer in Canada.The retail customer must pay the replacement charge of the newYokohama tire, which is specified by the warranty. Unless otherwise specified in this warranty, the retail customer is responsible for the payment of repairs and services such as: mounting, balancing, rotation, alignment, and applicable taxes. All tires which have been replaced under this warranty may, at the discretion ofYokohama, become the property ofYokoha- maTire (Canada) Inc.
This LimitedTreadwearWarranty covers theYokohama premium all-season tires listed below for the tread life indicated. It protects the first retail purchaser while the tires are fitted on the original vehicle, which is being used in non-commercial service.
ADVAN SPORT A/S
W/Y Rated: 80,000 km or 3 years from date of purchase – whichever comes first.
Mixed Size Fitments: 40,000 km or 3 years from date of purchase – whichever comes first.
T-Rated: 6 years from date of purchase – unlimited kms.
H-Rated: 5 years from date of purchase – unlimited kms.
V-Rated: 4 years from date of purchase – unlimited kms.
AVID ASCEND GT
110,000 km or 5 years from the date of purchase – whichever comes first.
130,000 km or 5 years from the date of purchase – whichever comes first.
110,000 km or 5 years from the date of purchase – whichever comes first.
GEOLANDAR H/T G056
115,000 km or 4 years from date of purchase – whichever comes first.
80,000 km or 3 years from date of purchase – whichever comes first (LT sizes).
100,000 km or 4 years from date of purchase – whichever comes first.
GEOLANDAR A/T G015
100,000 km or 4 years from date of purchase – whichever comes first (PLT Sizes).
80,000 km or 3 years from the date of purchase – whichever comes first (LT Sizes).
YOKOHAMA 30-DAY GUARANTEE.
Valid from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2018
A retail customer who purchases a set of 4 applicableYokohama tires from an authorizedYokohama dealer in Canada is entitled to evaluate the tires for 30 days from the purchase date. During the 30 day period, the retail consumer may return the tires to the dealer who sold them if not satisfied.The original receipt must be surrendered with the return.
• Avid Ascend GT
The trial offer applies only to the original purchased set of four tires.Tires are not eligible for a refund if:
• Tires have been used in motorsports activities or competitive events.
• Tires have been transferred from the vehicle on which they were originally installed.
Tires are not eligible for a refund if:
• There is a road hazard or injury such as: damage caused by obstacles or debris, cuts, punctures (whether repairable or not), snags, bruises, tears, abrasions or impact breaks.
• There is damage or failure resulting from improper operation or maintenance such as: operating while flat or severely under-inflated, improper application of tire size and/or specification, improper mounting / dismounting procedures or tire / wheel assembly balance; load, speed and inflation practices causing excessive operational temperatures that exceed tires’capabili- ties, damage caused by tire repair.
• There is damage or failure resulting from: damaged rim or chain damage; wheel alignment or brake problems, mechanical irregularities in the vehicle or wheel, negligence, misuse and abusive driving, including but not limited to spinning, racing or accident damage.
• If a manufacturers mail in rebate has already been submitted.
• The tires have more than a 1/32”(0.8mm) treadwear.
ACCEPTING YOKOHAMA 30-DAY GUARANTEE CLAIMS AT THE DEALER
1. The retail consumer may return 30 day guarantee tires, without damage, to the dealer within 30 days of the purchase date (as per the original retail invoice which must be surrendered along with the tires).
2. On the original invoice, the consumer must state the reason for the return and then sign it
3. Dealer provides a full refund for the returned tires.
4. The dealer removes the tires. Any installation/balancing charges are not covered by the program.
5. The dealer completes aYokohama 30 day guarantee claim form filling in all necessary information. Form can be found at www.yokohama.ca/portal/ or contact Customer Service at
1-800-810-9656 or email email@example.com or your localYokohamaTire Sales Representative.
6. The dealer is to notifyYokohama Customer Service at 1-800-810-9656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org stating that there are 30 day guarantee returns and ask for their preferred method of shipment. The dealer must provide the following toYokohama Customer Service:
• Yokohama dealer name and account number
• End – user first and last name
• Original invoice #
• Original date of purchase
• Item #
• Quantity of items
• Reason for consumer return
7. The dealer will ship back returned product to aYokohamaTire (Canada) Inc. warehouse“collect”along with the following in an envelope taped to one tire.
• Associated retail sales invoices (one tire must include original invoice in an envelope).
• 30 day guarantee claim form.
• Each tire should have written the original customer invoice number with chalk or a copy of the original invoice attached to each tire.
CLAIM PROCESSING WILL BE REJECTED OR DELAYED IF:
• Yokohama Customer Service has not been notified before returning product.
• Retail invoices are missing.
• It has been over 60 days since the retail sale.
• 30 Day Guarantee claim form is not submitted and fully entered.