Car dealers may leave you under the impression that you are required to visit an authorized dealer to maintain the integrity of your car warranty.
What you should know
- In each Canadian province, all vehicle maintenance professionals, at authorized dealers or elsewhere, must satisfy the same criteria in order to exercise their profession.
- The replacement parts used by this establishment to maintain your vehicle meet or exceed the specifications of any part made by the automotive parts supplier and used by automobile manufacturers.
- Canadian laws governing consumer protection favor the consumer. Car dealers cannot impose nor restrict a choice of location for conducting regular vehicle maintenance.
In order to maintain the integrity of your car warranty, the maintenance programme appearing in your vehicle owner's manual (or in your extended warranty programme contract) must be followed and documented.
As the vehicle maintenance and repair specialist you have chosen:
- We will make sure your car’s maintenance programme is respected.
- We will also ensure that any work required under the guarantee is carried out without delay and by a qualified repair shop.
Here is what the law says: http://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/en/consumer/good-service/vehicle/car-purchase/used-private-vendor/warranty-maintenance/
We thank you for your confidence.
You may also like
How to Verify if my Battery Is In Good Condition?
You are late for an appointment. You rush out and jump into your car, turn the key but all you hear is a “click”. Your car won’t start. Is the battery dead? The battery is a car component that plays a really crucial function: it...
Which Antirust Should You Choose for Your Car?
The harsh winters of Quebec and the roads sprinkled with salt are not easy on the body of our vehicle. And even if the most modern vehicles have good anticorrosive treatments, it is important to monitor any sign of rust and prevent it with an...
When to Get Vehicle Anti-Rust Protection ?
Rust is an oxidation process that attacks metals and ruins the appearance of our vehicles. Unfortunately, no vehicle can escape this natural phenomenon, especially in winter when you factor in road salt, high humidity, along with rain, sleet...
What to Do When Your Vehicle’s Check Engine Light Comes On
You just started your car and the Check Engine light comes one. Don’t panic! A Check Engine light doesn’t necessarily mean you have to pull over to the side of the road immediately, but it is recommended not to wait too long before...
3 good reasons to change over to winter tires before the legal date
- Winter tires
Fall foliage has started to appear, heavy coats are taken out of storage and home heating is about to be turned on, unmistakable signs that winter is just around the corner. An autumn yard clean up and taking out your warm garments is surely one...
How to Take Good Care of your Windshield?
Are you worried about cracking your windshield? The best way to avoid the cost of changing or repairing your windshield is to take good care of it. Of course, we all know we have to be particularly careful during the winter, but keep reading to...