Car dealers may leave you under the impression that you are required to visit an authorized dealer to maintain the integrity of your car warranty.
What you should know
- In each Canadian province, all vehicle maintenance professionals, at authorized dealers or elsewhere, must satisfy the same criteria in order to exercise their profession.
- The replacement parts used by this establishment to maintain your vehicle meet or exceed the specifications of any part made by the automotive parts supplier and used by automobile manufacturers.
- Canadian laws governing consumer protection favor the consumer. Car dealers cannot impose nor restrict a choice of location for conducting regular vehicle maintenance.
In order to maintain the integrity of your car warranty, the maintenance programme appearing in your vehicle owner's manual (or in your extended warranty programme contract) must be followed and documented.
As the vehicle maintenance and repair specialist you have chosen:
- We will make sure your car’s maintenance programme is respected.
- We will also ensure that any work required under the guarantee is carried out without delay and by a qualified repair shop.
Here is what the law says: http://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/en/consumer/good-service/vehicle/car-purchase/used-private-vendor/warranty-maintenance/
We thank you for your confidence.
You may also like
How to Verify if my Battery Is In Good Condition?
You are late for an appointment. You rush out and jump into your car, turn the key but all you hear is a “click”. Your car won’t start. Is the battery dead? The battery is a car component that plays a really crucial function: it...
When Should I do My Oil Change?
Did your mechanic ask if you want an oil change, and you have no idea what to answer him? Don’t worry, it’s normal; it isn’t easy to know exactly when you should change the oil in your vehicle. A few years ago, it was encouraged to...
Don’t forget about your car during the COVID-19 period
Why should I check my car, even if it’s parked? If you haven’t been using your car and it sits peacefully on the street for an extended period of time, be careful before driving it again. Contrary to popular belief, a parked car can...
How to prepare your Vehicle before leaving on Holiday?
Have you chosen the destination for your summer holidays? Summer holidays and construction holidays are quickly approaching and it’s time to start thinking about preparing your vehicle for long drives… In order to avoid unnecessary...
What do you do following an impact on your windshield ?
Having your windshield damaged is always a frustrating experience. The fact is your windshield is an important component of your vehicle. First, it protects you from dirt, rain or road debris. Second, it is designed to provide you the clearest...
What to Do When Your Vehicle’s Check Engine Light Comes On
You just started your car and the Check Engine light comes one. Don’t panic! A Check Engine light doesn’t necessarily mean you have to pull over to the side of the road immediately, but it is recommended not to wait too long before...