Car dealers may leave you under the impression that you are required to visit an authorized dealer to maintain the integrity of your car warranty.
What you should know
- In each Canadian province, all vehicle maintenance professionals, at authorized dealers or elsewhere, must satisfy the same criteria in order to exercise their profession.
- The replacement parts used by this establishment to maintain your vehicle meet or exceed the specifications of any part made by the automotive parts supplier and used by automobile manufacturers.
- Canadian laws governing consumer protection favor the consumer. Car dealers cannot impose nor restrict a choice of location for conducting regular vehicle maintenance.
In order to maintain the integrity of your car warranty, the maintenance programme appearing in your vehicle owner's manual (or in your extended warranty programme contract) must be followed and documented.
As the vehicle maintenance and repair specialist you have chosen:
- We will make sure your car’s maintenance programme is respected.
- We will also ensure that any work required under the guarantee is carried out without delay and by a qualified repair shop.
Here is what the law says: http://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/en/consumer/good-service/vehicle/car-purchase/used-private-vendor/warranty-maintenance/
We thank you for your confidence.
You may also like
What do you do following an impact on your windshield ?
Having your windshield damaged is always a frustrating experience. The fact is your windshield is an important component of your vehicle. First, it protects you from dirt, rain or road debris. Second, it is designed to provide you the clearest...
When Should I do My Oil Change?
Did your mechanic ask if you want an oil change, and you have no idea what to answer him? Don’t worry, it’s normal; it isn’t easy to know exactly when you should change the oil in your vehicle. A few years ago, it was encouraged to...
The Vehicle Safety Inspection
Before leaving on a trip, when buying or selling a motor vehicle, or if you are moving to certain provinces, a mechanical inspection of your vehicle may be required. There is no getting around that the purchase of an automobile is a major expense....
Which Antirust Should You Choose for Your Car?
The harsh winters of Quebec and the roads sprinkled with salt are not easy on the body of our vehicle. And even if the most modern vehicles have good anticorrosive treatments, it is important to monitor any sign of rust and prevent it with an...
How to Take Good Care of your Windshield?
Are you worried about cracking your windshield? The best way to avoid the cost of changing or repairing your windshield is to take good care of it. Of course, we all know we have to be particularly careful during the winter, but keep reading to...
Look out for these 8 brake problems
If there’s one thing we don’t need to convince you of, it’s the importance of braking performance. As brakes are essential to your safety, that of your family and all the people you share the road with, regular maintenance is...