Car dealers may leave you under the impression that you are required to visit an authorized dealer to maintain the integrity of your car warranty.
What you should know
- In each Canadian province, all vehicle maintenance professionals, at authorized dealers or elsewhere, must satisfy the same criteria in order to exercise their profession.
- The replacement parts used by this establishment to maintain your vehicle meet or exceed the specifications of any part made by the automotive parts supplier and used by automobile manufacturers.
- Canadian laws governing consumer protection favor the consumer. Car dealers cannot impose nor restrict a choice of location for conducting regular vehicle maintenance.
In order to maintain the integrity of your car warranty, the maintenance programme appearing in your vehicle owner's manual (or in your extended warranty programme contract) must be followed and documented.
As the vehicle maintenance and repair specialist you have chosen:
- We will make sure your car’s maintenance programme is respected.
- We will also ensure that any work required under the guarantee is carried out without delay and by a qualified repair shop.
Here is what the law says: http://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/en/consumer/good-service/vehicle/car-purchase/used-private-vendor/warranty-maintenance/
We thank you for your confidence.
You may also like
How to Take Good Care of your Windshield?
Are you worried about cracking your windshield? The best way to avoid the cost of changing or repairing your windshield is to take good care of it. Of course, we all know we have to be particularly careful during the winter, but keep reading to...
When Should I do My Oil Change?
Did your mechanic ask if you want an oil change, and you have no idea what to answer him? Don’t worry, it’s normal; it isn’t easy to know exactly when you should change the oil in your vehicle. A few years ago, it was encouraged to...
How does your Car’s Air Conditioning Work?
- Air Conditioning
Your car’s air conditioning system keeps you cool during the long summer drives and prevents you from getting too sweaty. But how does it work, even in the middle of a heatwave? How does it cool down the air in a burning hot car? Keep reading...
How to choose the right windshield wipers ?
Whether there are bugs, mud, rain or snow in front of you when you drive, windshield wipers ensure you are driving safely. These windshield protectors help you see what's in front of you even in the worst meteorological conditions. It's vital to know...
What to Do When Your Vehicle’s Check Engine Light Comes On
You just started your car and the Check Engine light comes one. Don’t panic! A Check Engine light doesn’t necessarily mean you have to pull over to the side of the road immediately, but it is recommended not to wait too long before...
Look out for these 8 brake problems
If there’s one thing we don’t need to convince you of, it’s the importance of braking performance. As brakes are essential to your safety, that of your family and all the people you share the road with, regular maintenance is...