Car dealers may leave you under the impression that you are required to visit an authorized dealer to maintain the integrity of your car warranty.
What you should know
- In each Canadian province, all vehicle maintenance professionals, at authorized dealers or elsewhere, must satisfy the same criteria in order to exercise their profession.
- The replacement parts used by this establishment to maintain your vehicle meet or exceed the specifications of any part made by the automotive parts supplier and used by automobile manufacturers.
- Canadian laws governing consumer protection favor the consumer. Car dealers cannot impose nor restrict a choice of location for conducting regular vehicle maintenance.
In order to maintain the integrity of your car warranty, the maintenance programme appearing in your vehicle owner's manual (or in your extended warranty programme contract) must be followed and documented.
As the vehicle maintenance and repair specialist you have chosen:
- We will make sure your car’s maintenance programme is respected.
- We will also ensure that any work required under the guarantee is carried out without delay and by a qualified repair shop.
Here is what the law says: http://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/en/consumer/good-service/vehicle/car-purchase/used-private-vendor/warranty-maintenance/
We thank you for your confidence.
You may also like
What to Do When Your Vehicle’s Check Engine Light Comes On
You just started your car and the Check Engine light comes one. Don’t panic! A Check Engine light doesn’t necessarily mean you have to pull over to the side of the road immediately, but it is recommended not to wait too long before...
Which Antirust Should You Choose for Your Car?
The harsh winters of Quebec and the roads sprinkled with salt are not easy on the body of our vehicle. And even if the most modern vehicles have good anticorrosive treatments, it is important to monitor any sign of rust and prevent it with an...
Is Rustproofing a Good Investment?
Were you advised to do a rustproofing treatment on your vehicle? Are traces of corrosion appearing on the body of your car? If so, it's definitely time to start thinking about rustproofing. There are different types of rust inhibitors and different...
The Vehicle Safety Inspection
Before leaving on a trip, when buying or selling a motor vehicle, or if you are moving to certain provinces, a mechanical inspection of your vehicle may be required. There is no getting around that the purchase of an automobile is a major expense....
When to Get Vehicle Anti-Rust Protection ?
Rust is an oxidation process that attacks metals and ruins the appearance of our vehicles. Unfortunately, no vehicle can escape this natural phenomenon, especially in winter when you factor in road salt, high humidity, along with rain, sleet...
How does your Car’s Air Conditioning Work?
- Air Conditioning
Your car’s air conditioning system keeps you cool during the long summer drives and prevents you from getting too sweaty. But how does it work, even in the middle of a heatwave? How does it cool down the air in a burning hot car? Keep reading...